When Easy Canvas Prints contacted me to do a review of their custom canvas prints as well as give one away, I was thrilled. Not only does this giveaway come just in time for the holidays, but I had been eying canvas prints for quite some time. The DC office of my employer this summer had a canvas print of a Kenya scene, and I loved the visual texture and uniqueness of it.
Choosing a Photo:
I knew that I wanted to get a canvas done of one of my Africa photos. Unfortunately, I have a ton of those. And, I started to wonder where I would hang it since I’m in that ‘transitional’ phase of my life and don’t exactly have a home at the moment. Being the kind, wonderful, and generous sister that I am (Sis, are you getting all of that?), I decided to create a canvas for my nephew who will be arriving in February. His nursery is animal-themed, and I wanted to share this beautiful part of the world with him… and perhaps infect him with the travel bug early on ;)
I had gathered some of my favorite Africa photos for the Hills of Africa blog, so I sent those to my sister. Here are some of the photos that we considered:
Thornybush Game Reserve, South Africa, 2011
Tracking the Eastern Mountain Gorilla, Rwanda, 2010
Lake Nakuru Safari, Kenya, 2008
Chobe River Safari, Botswana, 2010
Masai Mara Safari, Kenya, 2008
We realized that waking up and staring in the eyes of a giant gorilla might be a tad scary for the little guy. We narrowed it down to two prints, and ultimately decided on the last photo.
How Easy Canvas Prints Works:
The online system is easy to use.
1. Start designing your own canvas by selecting your canvas size and uploading your photo.
2. Select the border wrap (depth) of 0.75″ or 1.5″
3. A standard brass hanger is included or you can choose an easel back.
4. Review border options. This is one of my favorite options. Depending on whether you’re doing a traditional photo or something more graphic, this option allows for further customization. You can get the side of the canvas as a solid color, an image wrap, or a mirror wrap. Due to the quality of my photo, I did not want to enlarge it any further, so I chose a mirror wrap (meaning that it mirrors the edge of the photo onto the border).
5. Color effects: If you are not Photoshop or computer saavy, Easy Canvas Prints can convert your photo into a black & white or sepia toned image.
6. Retouching: Need red eyes or scratches removed? Want Easy Canvas Prints to improve resolution or switch out the background? They can do it.
My print arrived in the mail in a protective sleeve and secured in a cardboard box. I breathed a huge sigh of relief as soon as I opened it. Not only was the quality of the image I chose okay, but it looked great. I love the grainy texture of the canvas and the photo wrap on the sides. I compared the price of their canvas prints to other sites, including where I get my photos printed, and Easy Canvas Prints was about 25% cheaper for my 16×20 size. I can’t say enough good things about my canvas. The only downside is production and shipping is a bit slow (about two weeks), but I believe you can pay to have it shipped faster. My sister and I were so impressed with it, that we are ordering another canvas for her master bedroom of my favorite photo from Italy. Easy Canvas Prints sends out really good deals through their email list, so I know we can get another canvas at a great price.
Win an 8×10 Canvas Print!
Now enough of me bragging about my canvas. If you want an 8×10 canvas print of a photo of your choice, it’s easy to enter! Simply do one, or all, of the following:
1. Leave a comment below telling me where your next adventure, trip, or vacation will be (or where you hope it will be).
2. Like Easy Canvas Prints Facebook Fan Page and leave a comment below letting me know.
3. Follow EasyCanvasPrints on Twitter and leave a comment below letting me know.
4. Like A Wandering Sole’s Facebook Fan Page and leave a comment below letting me know.
5. Tweet “I entered to win a canvas print from @awanderingsole & @easycanvas http://bit.ly/vWh21J”
You can do 1 of these or complete all 5 to increase your chances of winning. This contest is limited to readers in the US… or maybe I should say those that have a shipping address in the US. It will run for a week and I will announce the winner next Monday, November 28th.
As mentioned in the title, I should probably address the ‘What’s Next’. Did you see where my canvas print was taken? (hint hint) I’m on my way back to Kenya in December for 7 weeks! I’m obviously very excited to be returning. I can’t wait to meet with innovative folks, reunite with friends, and of course, enjoy the magic of Kenya. Now, get to entering and good luck!
My print and this giveaway are sponsored by Easy Canvas Prints, however, my review of this product is my own opinion.